The Gables Care Home

Go to content


Other Services

Please note that The Gables Care Home has no financial connection with Nicholson's Solicitors they are simply a Solicitors who have done work for our residents in the past and have always performed in an efficient, proffesional and understanding manner therfore we recommend them only.

Ligan House, 32 Town Road, Croston, Lancashire, PR26 9RB.
Tel: 01772 601700


If you are unable to look after your own affairs and you do not have an LPA, the Court of Protection will appoint a Deputy to manage your affairs for you (your Next of Kin will not be appointed as one would assume). There will be significant legal fees to pay including annual supervision fees payable to the Office of the Public Guardian, a long delay before the Deputy Order is issued and the Deputy may not be aware of your personal circumstances. This could apply to anyone, at any age, by reason of illness, disability or mental impairment who may no longer be able to deal with even simple matters like handling a bank or building society account or transacting a house sale.

The Property and Financial Affairs LPA allows you to choose a person(s) to act as your Attorney(s) people YOU trust to make decisions about how to spend your money and the way your property and affairs are managed. Once registered, and unless you have put a restriction on it, this type of LPA can be used by your Attorney(s) straight away.

The Health and Welfare LPA allows you to choose someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf relating to your personal healthcare and welfare including decisions to give or refuse consent for treatment on your behalf and deciding where you live. These decisions can only be made on your behalf when the LPA has been registered and you lack the capacity to make the necessary decision for yourself.

Whenever an Attorney makes a decision under an LPA, by law they must act in the best interests of the donor who has given them the power. If you want to make plans for the future while you still have the mental capacity to handle your own affairs, creating an LPA now will allow you to
choose one or more people to act as decision-makers. An LPA can be made by anyone aged 18 or over who has the mental capacity but can only be used once it has been registered with the OPG.

Nicholsons can prepare both types of LPA for you and register them for you. We can also register an LPA or an Enduring Power of Attorney even if we have not prepared the form for you.

We can arrange to see you in your own home, care home or hospital at a time to suit

Call us to discuss your requirements and to arrange an appointment to come into
the office or for us to visit you we have many Clients all over Lancashire so
distance is not a problem.

Nicholsons Legal Companions ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Home Page | Welcome to The Gables | Description of our Service | How to reach us | Registration | Fees | Other Services | Site Map

Back to content | Back to main menu